Laser Hair Removal For Men
Male grooming is on the increase and one of the most popular treatments is laser hair removal.
At Epilium & Skin, you will discover that hair removal for men is commonplace and the solution is certainly more comfortable than waxing. Depending on what you want to achieve, we can remove hair from many areas of the body or shape it involving a lesser number of treatment sessions.
Laser hair removal is an aesthetic medical procedure that offers a permanent reduction of hair and delivers excellent results. At Epilium & Skin we use high settings and advanced lasers to treat all skin types from light to dark.
At the initial consultation, you will meet our trained medical team who will offer you the most effective program to remove all unwanted hair safely.
Although dark hair types on light skin tones will give the quickest results, our staff can devise a program to treat all skin tones. Between 8 to 10 sessions are recommended to achieve optimum results.
Light hair (blonde / dark grey / light brown) is difficult to target because of the reduced levels of melanin. In this situation, we recommend 2 to 3 sessions to test the efficacy of the treatment.
White hair is unsuitable for hair removal by laser, as there is no melanin present. When it comes to white hair, the best solution is electrolysis for permanent results.
The majority of our patients come to us for cosmetic reasons. However, we should not neglect the curative benefits of laser hair removal such as:
- Hypertrichosis/Hirsutism which is manifested by excessive hairiness. Where there is a hormonal imbalance, localised laser treatment can be beneficial.
- Folliculitis of the beard, underarms due to shaving or excess friction. The laser helps to prevent a re-occurrence of the infection
- Treatment of ingrown hairs that cause painful infections sometimes followed by permanent scars. Using a laser destroys the hair follicle thereby treating the cause
- Your first consultationat Epilium & Skin is important as it helps define the right treatment for you. The consultation is free and there is no obligation to proceed with treatment. During the consultation, the Epilium & Skin consultant will discuss the pros and cons of the treatment and the precautions that need to be taken. You will also learn more about the recommended process
- During the initial consultation you will complete a questionnaire to help determine whether you have any allergies or take any medication. Your skin is then physically examined for the area you wish to treat to determine your skin type, hair type and skin sensitivity; This is to help establish the right course of treatment and settings required to obtain
A laser patch test will be conducted on the area(s) you wish to be treated and the Epilium & Skin consultant will answer any questions you may have about future sessions. You will then be given an estimate of costs for the laser program, an information sheet and a consent form to sign. Once you have made your decision, you can start your first laser session.