Chemical face peels
A facial skin peel is a resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied for a few minutes on your skin to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and instantly reveal a glowing and radiant look on the face, neck and hands.
Applying face mask with brush on woman’s face
What are the indications for face peels?
- Pore tightening
- Increased skin glow or radiance
- Encourages collagen production and as a result smooth wrinkles
- Evening of skin tone and as well as lightened discolorations
- Makes the skin more receptive to anti-ageing serums and creams
- Reduce appearance of blemishes in acne prone skin
Which type of peel do we use in our London clinic?
Epilium and Skin chooses Neostrata and Obagi professional face peels, two of the leading brands in the face peel industry. They are available in a wide array of strengths, from superficial to deep, as the concentration of glycolic acid (the main ingredient) varies from 20 to 70% for 3 levels of exfoliation.
Our alternative to glycolic acid is either Neostrata pro system retinol peel or Obagi blue radiance peel with salicylic acid active ingredients for those who have intolerance to glycolic acid. Depending on your skin condition, our experienced medical skin health professional will suggest you the safest treatment after a free skin consultation.
What are the benefits of a face peel?
- Refresh thick, tired and dull looking skin by stimulating the growth of new cells and collagen production
- Reduce pigmentation and even overall skin tone by removing outer layer of skin
- Improve the appearance of open pores thanks to the powerful blend of active ingredients
- Control redness and inflammation associated with acne
- Reveal a smoother and softer skin texture
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
After the treatment
Depending on the strength of the peel, your skin might feel tight for a few hours and may go brown or red for a few days in case of medium peels.
Treatment is not permanent and needs to be repeated in order to maintain the effects.
We also offer a range of home care products to maximize the results of your peel.
CONTRA INDICATIONS AND AFTERCARE
Main contra indications of the treatment are :
- breast feeding
- active skin infections
- allergic to aspirin
- use of Roaccutane
- sensitive skin
5 to 7 days before avoid :
- Laser hair removal
- Sun exposure
3 days before avoid :
- Topical retinoids