Skin Rejuvenation with PicoSure Laser Treatment
Skin rejuvenation with Picosure is the latest and most innovative in the aesthetic laser industry. It has revolutionized the photo rejuvenation and skin imperfections treatments.
Traditional skin rejuvenation laser treatments use photothermal action (heat). Skin rejuvenation with Picosure, on the other hand, uses ultra-short pulses to create a photomechanical effect, known as PressureWave. This creates shockwaves in the dermis which encourages the production of new collagen and elastin without damaging the skin.
INDICATIONS FOR SKIN REJUVENATION WITH PICOSURE
- Removal of skin imperfections such as age spots, melasma, pigmented lesions and also freckles. This is done by delivering extremely short pulses that creates shockwaves of light that penetrates the deep layer of the skin. The pulse breaks the pigment particles, that make age spots. Allowing your body to naturally absorb them. Therefore, resulting in the elimination of these age spots, pigments or melasmas.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles for a youthful appearance. By stimulating the natural healing process of your skin, your body will produce more collagen and elastin. Your skin will become firmer and smoother.
- Reduce scars on both face and body by creating a photomechanical effect, known as PressureWave. This creates shockwaves in the dermis.
SKIN REJUVENATION WITH PICOSURE LASER TREATMENT
The first consultation. The Skin Rejuvenation treatment begins with a first consultation. At Epilium & Skin, the consultation is complimentary.
In addition, this interview allows you to discuss with the practitioner all the contraindications and precautions to take, but also to inform you about the progress and feasibility of the treatment.
During this initial consultation, the practitioner will evaluate the feasibility of the treatment and the number of sessions required depending on:
- skin type,
- medical history (allergic, current treatments)
- skin concern (age spots, melasma, pigmented lesions or freckles)
- last exposure to the sun.
The practitioner will then give you a quote and open a photo file to follow the progress of the results over the course of the sessions.
For an optimal and comfortable Skin Rejuvenation Treatment, we recommend applying 2 hours before the session, an aesthetic cream (Emla) to reduce the discomfort that can feel under the effect of the laser.
After your first consultation with one of our specialists, and subject to validation, the session can begin.
After making the laser adjustments according to the skin concern of the patient, the practitioner will cleanse the area to be treated with a compresses and a disinfecting lotion.
In the second step, we will equip all the members present in the room with special glasses in order to protect the eyes from the powerful radiations of the laser to avoid any risk of eye injury.
Only 3 to 6 sessions of 20 minutes are usually required to improve the skin texture. Each session should be spaced 4 to 6 weeks depending on the nature of the skin and its reaction to treatment.
After the session, to accelerate healing process and moisturize the skin, we recommend applying Cicalfate® /Vaseline® cream.
ADVANTAGES OF SKIN REJUVENATION WITH PICOSURE
The PicoSure system has lots of incredible benefits, including;
- Effective treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, freckles, sun damage, acne scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone
- Just a bit of redness which disappears in the next hour. Due to the modern technology, there is consequently no side effects and also minimal downtime. In addition; no time off required.
- The treatment causes mild discomfort, but the pain is relieved with the cooling air system.
- Less treatments required than traditional treatments.
- Faster – the treatment takes between 20 and 30 minutes on average, depending on the size of the area.
- Visible results after just one treatment – The stimulation of the laser continues to stimulate the skin months after the treatment.
- Unlike peels, laser rejuvenation does not peel the skin after a session. Due to the light energy which penetrates directly into the skin to destroy the pigments and underlying vessels responsible of the irregularities of the skin.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SKIN REJUVENATION WITH PICOSURE LASER
The laser beam splitting technology, combined with a simultaneous dual wavelength (1440nm and 1320nm fractional), provides remarkable efficiency. This laser is a monochromatic light beam whose target is contained in the superficial and middle layers of the cutaneous tissue.
The light beam is transformed into heat which stimulates the collagenases and a progressive natural regeneration of the skin. In everyday language, it is customary to speak of “photo-rejuvenation” which results in a smoothing of the skin and a visible improvement of its texture. This laser is compatible with light and dark skin (phototypes from 1 to 6).
Skin rejuvenation with Picosure Laser: the precautions to take:
CONTRA-INDICATIONS AND RISKS
Skin Rejuvenation with Picosure Laser is safe; however, we strongly discourage treatment in the following cases;
Sun exposure and artificial tanning
We advise not to expose the treated ares to the sun (minimum 2 months without exposure before the session). Furthermore, we advise that you apply UV protection 8 weeks before, and 2 to 3 weeks after a session. In addition, avoid self-tanning creams to avoid any risk of burns.
Sensitizing photo drugs.
It is essential to inform your practitioner about any medication you are on before a session because the medication may cause sensitivity to your skin. Furthermore it may react with laser. However, we are able to adapt or delay the treatment (eg anti-acne, antibiotics, etc.).
Cosmetics products(perfume, eau de toilette, cream, deodorant)
We advise to avoid these products on the areas of treatment before a session, the day of the appointment.
Other cases not recommended:
- Diabetes (insulin-dependent)
- AIDS, hepatitis B or C
- Allergy to the products used (inks, pigments …)
- Keloid scars