CoolSculpting: Risks and contra-indications
Coolsculpting risks, even if the are few exists. Epilium & skin wants to inform you about all possible contra-indications.
We will not treat patient with cryolypolisis if they suffer from excess weight or obesity.
For those with loose or flabby skin, we shall be able to treat them but a consultation with our specialist will evaluate the prospect.
In addition, this technique is not recommended for people with thin bulges or where these lack density.
Finally, we do not recommend CoolSculpting when patient has the following characteristics:
- Strong reaction to cold temperatures such as cryoglobulinemia (cryogloburines present in the blood), cold urticaria or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria (the sudden presence of haemoglobin in the urine).
- In case of poor blood circulation in the area to be treated. If patient has Raynaud’s disease (impaired blood circulation affecting the extremities such as fingers, toes, nose, ears).
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Patients wearing or fitted with an electronic device (such as an artificial pacemaker).
- When, injury, eczema, inflammation, recent surgery on or near the area treatment.