CoolSculpting : RISKS & CONTRA-INDICATIONS
Patients with excess weight or obesity are not suitable for cryolipolysis treatment. For those with loose or flabby skin, it may be possible to have cryolipolysis but a consultation with our specialist will evaluate the prospect. In addition, this technique is not recommended for people with thin bulges or where these lack density.
Finally, CoolSculpting® is not recommended and is unsuitable for those with the following characteristics:
- When the patient has a strong reaction to cold temperatures such as cryoglobulinemia (cryogloburines present in the blood), cold urticaria or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria (the sudden presence of haemoglobin in the urine).
- Poor blood circulation in the area to be treated and people with Raynaud’s disease (impaired blood circulation affecting the extremities such as fingers, toes, nose, ears).
- Patients with hernias.
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Patients wearing or fitted with an electronic device (such as an artificial pacemaker).
- Patients with an injury, eczema, inflammation, recent surgery on or near the area to be treated.