Breast Uplift Surgery
Breast uplift or breast lift surgery is a common procedure for women who want to recreate the former curves and fullness of their breasts that have disappeared.
Why have breast lift surgery?
Breasts naturally drop or lose shape after pregnancy and breastfeeding but also following weight loss or just as a part of the aging process. Breast lift procedure (mastopexy) is performed to remove dropping or falling tissue. The surgery consists of removing excess loose skin from the breast and correcting their size and shape for a more youthful appearance.
Sometimes breast lifts can be combined with breast augmentation by adding an implant or a fat transfer to increase fullness above the nipples. If both implants and lifting are needed, our surgeon will suggest what implants are appropriate for your silhouette. During this consultation, you can also discuss a reduction of areola size if you would like to.
How is Breast Surgery Done?
First, a consultation with Dr. Lemierre or Dr. Dumas, one of our specialist GMC registered surgeons, is very important. Our expert will take before pictures, measure your level of ptosis, discuss scar position, and talk with you about how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goal.
Once you decide to have the surgery, the procedure will be as follows :
- Breast lift surgery requires general anesthesia and usually takes 2 to 3 hours.
- The surgeon makes a small incision around the areola and vertically down to the fold of the breast. He will then remove excess tissue and skin, as well as, lift the nipple to reposition it up to the best position.
- Your breast will then be reshaped and breast tissue tightened.
- Most women are very happy with this surgery. It gives great results and breasts are firmer and higher.
- This procedure sometimes requires an overnight stay at the hospital.
How Long is Breast Uplift Surgery Recovery?
Our surgeons will monitor your health until you are released from the hospital. To ensure full recovery, we advise a 7 to 10-day rest before you return to work. We recommend 6 weeks of recovery before returning to physical activities. You will wear a support bra to help with recovery for at least 4 weeks after the surgery. Our nurse and surgeon will always give you access to excellent care in our Epilium clinic. A post-surgery consultation will be scheduled one week after the procedure.