SKIN REJUVENATION WITH THE PICOSURE® LASER
The Picosure® is the latest and most innovative in the aesthetic laser industry that has revolutionized the photo rejuvenation and skin imperfections treatments.
Traditional skin rejuvenation laser treatments use photothermal action (heat). PicoSure, on the other hand, uses ultra-short pulses to create a photomechanical effect, known as PressureWave, that creates shockwaves in the dermis. This encourages the production of new collagen and elastin without damaging the skin.
- Remove skin imperfections such as age spots, melasma, pigmented lesions and freckles, by delivering extremely short pulses that creates shockwaves of light that penetrates the deep layer of the skin. The pulse breaks the pigment particles that make age spots allowing your body to naturally absorb them and therefore result of the elimination of the age spots, pigments or melasmas.
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles for a youthful appearance. By stimulating the natural healing process of your skin, your body produce more collagen and elastin which makes your skin firmer and smoother.
- Reduce scars on both face and body by creating a photomechanical effect, known as PressureWave, that creates shockwaves in the dermis.
The Skin Rejuvenation treatment must necessarily begin with a first consultation. At Epilium & Skin, the consultation is complimentary.
This interview allows you to discuss with the practitioner all the contraindications and precautions to take, but also to inform you about the progress and feasibility of the treatment.
During this initial consultation, the practitioner will evaluate the feasibility of the treatment and the number of sessions required depending on:
- your skin type,
- your medical history (allergic, current treatments)
- Your skin concern (age spots, melasma, pigmented lesions or freckles)
- Your last exposure to the sun.
The practitioner will then give you a quote and open a photo file to follow the progress of the results over the course of the sessions.
For an optimal and comfortable Skin Rejuvenation Treatment, we recommend applying 2 hours before the session, an aesthetic cream (Emla) to reduce the discomfort that can feel under the effect of the laser.
After your first consultation with one of our specialists, and subject to validation, the session can begin.
After making the laser adjustments according to the skin concern of the patient, the practitioner cleans the area to be treated with compresses and a disinfecting lotion.
In the second step, we will equip all the members present in the room with special glasses in order to protect the eyes from the powerful radiations of the laser to avoid any risk of eye injury.
Only 3 to 6 sessions of 20 minutes are usually required to improve the skin texture. Each session should be spaced 4 to 6 weeks depending on the nature of the skin and its reaction to treatment.
After the session, to accelerate healing process and moisturize the skin, we recommend applying Cicalfate® /Vaseline® cream.
The PicoSure system has lots of incredible benefits, including:
- Effective treatment of fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, freckles, sun damage, acne scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone
- Just a bit of redness which disappears in the next hour. No side effect than any other laser, minimal downtime and no time off require.
- The treatment causes mild discomfort, but the pain is relieved with the cooling air system.
- Less treatments required than traditional treatments.
- Faster – treatment takes between 20 and 30 minutes on average, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Visible results after just one treatment – The stimulation of the laser continues to stimulate the skin months after the treatment.
- Unlike peels, laser rejuvenation does not peel the skin after a session. The light energy penetrates directly into the skin to destroy the pigments and underlying vessels responsible of the irregularities of the skin.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CYNOSURE ™ PICOSURE® LASER
The laser beam splitting technology, combined with a simultaneous dual wavelength (1440nm and 1320nm fractional), provides remarkable efficiency. This laser is a monochromatic light beam whose target is contained in the superficial and middle layers of the cutaneous tissue.
The light beam is transformed into heat which leads to a stimulation of collagenases and a progressive natural regeneration of the skin. In everyday language, it is customary to speak of “photo-rejuvenation” which results in a smoothing of the skin and a visible improvement of its texture. This laser is compatible with light and dark skin (phototypes from 1 to 6).
Picosure® Laser: the precautions to take:
The treated skin should not be tanned (minimum 2 months without exposure before the session) and protected from the sun during and after the treatment.
CONTRA-INDICATIONS AND RISKS
Creams to relieve pain are discouraged or not advise during pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is not recommended to follow a protocol of tattoo removal during this period. However, there is no need to worry if a woman who is unaware of her pregnancy has had a tattoo removal session.
Sun exposure and artificial tanning
Do not expose to the sun the areas to be treated (even for 1 hour).
Be extra careful of the effects of snow and water. It must be noted that UV protection must be respected 8 weeks before and 2 to 3 weeks after a session.
Finally, self-tanning creams that involve an increase in melanin are also forbidden on the area to be treated to avoid any risk of burns.
Sensitizing photo drugs.
It is essential to inform your practitioner about any medication you are on before a session. Indeed, for your safety, the treatment can be adapted or delayed (eg anti-acne, antibiotics, etc.).
Cosmetics products(perfume, eau de toilette, cream, deodorant)
These products should be avoided on the areas to be treated before a session, the day of the appointment.
Other cases not recommended:
- Diabetes (insulin-dependent)
- AIDS, hepatitis B or C
- Allergy to the products used (inks, pigments …)
- Keloid scars