Rhinoplasty or Nose Reshaping
Opting for a rhinoplasty or a surgical ‘nose job’ is a big decision. If you are looking to change certain aspects of your nose, why not considering a non-surgical nose reshaping?
The non-surgical nose job uses a series of filler injections (hyaluronic acid) administered to different parts of the nose to modify its shape and smooth a bump, lift the tip or correct any asymmetry.
Dermal fillers injections can be used for various reasons: you want to straighten curves or hooks, remove a bump or plump up a hollow caused by an accident, or simply because you are not comfortable with the shape of your nose.
Filler injections can be used on the tip of the nose to lift its appearance and give a better symmetry and more defined outlines. There is a non-surgical solution to every nose imperfection.
The non-surgical nose reshaping takes around 15 minutes. Unlike surgery, the treatment has no side effect: no downtime, bruises or scars. It is a far less expressive? procedure.
Patients see the results immediately after the injections, and the effect will last for up to a year. The treatment is straight-forward: the use of a local anaesthetic cream makes the injection pain free.
Finally, non-surgical nose reshaping could be used to assess the approximate result of a planned or contemplated rhinoplasty.
THE ADVANTAGES OF DERMAL FILLERS
At Epilium & Skin, we use the safest fillers available in the market. For our hyaluronic acid, we chose Juverderm Vycross from the famous and highly respected laboratory Allergan. Its effects last for circa 12 months.
Here are the advantages of hyaluronic acid:
- Fillers are not permanent. If the patient or the doctor is not satisfied with the outcome another option can be considered.
- Dermal fillers offer natural results.
- Juverderm uses the Vycross technology which makes the product very versatile. Our aesthetic doctor is therefore able to work extremely precisely in improving the shape of the nose. This would not be possible with a surgical nose job.
- Immediate results
- Patients can discuss options with their aesthetic doctor throughout the procedure as they are conscious.
- There is no downtime.
- Small bruises, or redness, go away within a few days after the injections.
- Only a local anaesthetic cream is used.
- The injections last a few minutes instead of hours for a rhinoplasty.
WHAT KIND OF IMPERFECTIONS CAN THE NON-SURGICAL NOSE RESHAPING CORRECT?
The non-surgical procedure corrects a wide range of defects and rebalances the patient’s facial figure. For many people the shape of their nose can affect their confidence.
Here is the list of areas and treatments we perform:
- Asymmetry correction
- Defining the outlines of the nose
- Smooth bumps and hooks on the bridge of the nose
- Increasing the bridge of the nose
- Raising the tip of the nose
- Nasal tip projection (For the tip to appear more pointed)
- Slimming the nose
- Reducing the flare of the nostrils
- Nostrils asymmetry correction
- Centralising the bridge of tissue that separates the nostrils
The patient’s expectations and ideal look are discussed with the aesthetic practitioner during an initial consultation at the clinic. An examination of your profile and nose aspect are performed to evaluate the right proportion of the overall facial structure. The width and height of the face, as well as the chin and lip projection, should be taken into consideration before any treatment.
Prior to the injections, our doctors apply a local anaesthetic cream, which takes approximately 20 minutes to kick on. The surface of the nose will feel numb, and the injections are painless in the selected area.
To observe the progress of the procedure, we provide a mirror to the patient. It helps visualising the nose from different angles to guide towards the perfect outcome. Each treatment is bespoke, and results may vary upon each individual.
Redness and swelling are normal after the injection, usually disappearing within a few days and easily disguised with make-up. Patients are able to go back to their normal activities straight after the treatment. The Clinic offers a follow-up consultation two weeks later to make sure the result meets the patient’s expectations.
Complications are very rare, but risks may include minor bruising, swelling or infection. At Epilium & Skin, we support our patients throughout the entire process, especially after the treatment.