Laser Hair Removal Indications
Please read the below indications for laser hair removal. If you want to carry out a treatment, this is the key for successful results.
Having dark hair and light skin is the ideal combination to achieve permanent successful laser hair removal. Light colour hair (blonde, dark grey, light brown) is much more difficult to target because of the reduced levels of melanin. In this situation, we recommend 2 to 3 sessions to test the efficiency of the treatment. Unfortunately, patients with white hair are unsuitable for laser hair removal by laser, because melanin is not present in their hair.
The majority of our patients come to us for cosmetic reasons. However, we should not neglect other benefits of laser hair removal, such as:
- Hirsutism, a condition of excessive hairiness affecting men and women. Where there is no hormonal imbalance, localised laser treatment can be beneficial.
- Hypertrichosis, an extremely rare condition characterized by excessive hair growth anywhere on a person’s body. Because laser hair removal destroys the hair follicle it can be an effective solution.
- Folliculitis is an inflammatory process involving infection of the beard, underarms or bikini line due to shaving and friction. Laser treatment reduces the need for shaving, which the prevents unnecessary friction and re-occurrence of infection.
- Treatment of ingrown hairs which cause painful infections and are sometimes followed by permanent scars. Using a laser destroys the hair thereby treating the cause and limiting re-occurrence.
- During puberty new follicles are being created and hair grows faster therefore more sessions may be required.